Are you a woman who loves to sing and harmonize with others? Are you interested in forming life-long friendships with women in your community? Look no further – Olympia Chorus wants you!
- Be a woman. If you are under 18 years of age, you must be accompanied by an adult.
- Attend five (at least four consecutive) rehearsals.
- Select a voice part and two songs from the chorus repertoire to sing.
- Notify a member of our music staff that you would like to audition.
- During your audition, you will sing your selected songs as part of a quartet with three other members in front of our music staff.
What Kind of Experience is Required?
Not everyone in our chorus has sung all her life or been trained musically; many of us don’t sight-read music or read music at all; and most of us don’t have perfect pitch. Some of us don’t even consider ourselves natural-born performers! We maintain high standards for membership, but we recognize that everyone learns this craft at different levels.
How Much Does Membership Cost?
Membership in the Olympia Chorus is $45.00 for adults (over 25) and $22.50 for youth (25 and under). That goes toward International, Regional, and Chorus dues. Chorus dues help cover fees for coaching sessions, sheet music, learning media, chorus marketing, and more! For the first few months of membership, you will have a payment schedule that includes costume fees and the first year of International and Regional dues.
We don’t want cost to be a barrier for anyone interested in joining. If you have questions or concerns about payment, please talk to us!