The Olympia Chorus is seeking a front line director!
We are a chartered mid-sized Sweet Adeline chorus of 35-40 enthusiastic members located in Olympia, Washington. Olympia Chorus has been part of the Western Washington music community for over 50 years. We currently rehearse on Monday nights 6:30 – 9:30 PM at Olympia’s Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, although we would consider altering our rehearsal schedule to accommodate the “right” person. We placed 5th at our 2019 regional contest.
We asked our members to share the qualities they would like to see in our new director. The list below is a compilation of their comments. Most importantly, we are seeking a director who can continue the vocal learning and growth we have enjoyed over the past two years.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess strong musical knowledge and skills
- Possess a balance of joy and musicianship
- Have the ability to teach/grow the vocal skills of the chorus
- Communicate effectively
- Prepare the chorus for future competitions
- Be available for sing-outs as much as possible
- Be willing to seek continuing education
- Utilize humor and fun as part of the rehearsal and learning processes
- Hold high expectations for the chorus and individual members
- Develop rapport with individual members
- Prepare/plan for effective rehearsals
- Participate with the Management Team and Music Staff to guide chorus progress
- Collaborate with and delegate responsibilities to Assistant Directors
- Commit to engaging in our chorus community