Olympia Sweet Adelines, an award-winning chorus, is seeking adynamic front line director. We are a chartered small (but growing) Sweet Adeline chorus of 20 enthusiastic members located in Olympia, Washington.
Olympia Chorus has been part of the Western Washington music community for over 50 years. We placed 5th at our 2019 (and most recent) regional contest. We are eager to maintain our momentum!
We asked our members to share qualities they would like to see in our new director:
- Prepare/plan for effective rehearsals
- Possess strong vocal music, communication and teaching skills
- Prepare the chorus for future competitions
- Be available for sing-outs as much as possible
- Be willing to seek continuing education
- Utilize humor, joy and fun as part of the rehearsal and learning processes
- Hold high expectations for the chorus and individual members
- Develop rapport with individual members and engage in chorus culture
- Participate with the Leadership Team, Music Staff and
- Assistant Director(s) to guide chorus progress
If you feel you would be a good match for Olympia Chorus and are interested in applying, or if you have questions, please contact Sally Ryerson at email@example.com.